Restructuring Team

by - September 14, 2018



I dont know how to write down this thing but what I know is I need to write as there's something stuck inside me that need me to pour it down. Plus it's one of the moment I want to remember.

Actually, since last few months, we (my department & I) knew we will have a team-restructuring. It either - me going back to my old team - or me staying still at this current team. 

Last month I had an individual review ; one-to-one session with my boss. She asked me, if I can choose, which team I would like to go? Without being too thoughtful, I just choose to stay at my old place. "Why?" "Because I think I'm more comfortable to do the things that I'm used to do."

She replied , "Oh? Hmm I'm disappointed to hear that. I thought you're willing to learn more? I thought you're willing to grow? Or maybe because you've been promoted, you think that's enough for now?"

I cant remember the exact things she said as it already a month passed but it goes ;

"Here is the thing Noni, we're young and you're still single. I can say you got no distraction and bigger life-commitment like you know, children and stuff. You have background education. Now you have a chance. Dont stop to learn. I cant push people and I dont want to push people who doesnt want to learn, because it will not work and not even fair for me to push people who doesnt willing to learn more, it will get tired at the both side, buuuuuuuut if I can push, I will choose you. I think it gonna be fun if you're joining output team."

"You can shine. Try to shine. I wont stop you. Dont stay at my shadow."

"I got no confident and I dont know how to shine."

"Hm, how to shine ya? Try with 'take the responsibility'. Thru that you will take a step and lead people. You knew, I started with nothing of attribute knowledge but what I can confidently say now, if I do attribute coding, I can do better than you (who already do it for yearss)"

.

It's actually moved me how someone do believe in me- the way a lot more better than I trust myself hahahaha. See, how low confidence I am. Thanks Mima, I gained a lot of self esteem thanks to you ❤️


So today is the announcement-day to know our new group & the first day we're sitting in a new role after the team-restructuring. And I got to stay at Output! Alhamdulillaaaahhhhh. Cant thankful more. From the first day joining until now, I got to be at 3 different teams. Crosscoding, attribute coding and now to output :)




STOP COMPLAINING!

I think I had said about this a lot of times in this blog, but I really cant stand with the people
who got a lot of things to complaint instead of being grateful. People bad-mouth a lot
about their own work-place. Dont you know it is where you're gaining your rezeki 
and income to survive?

You know right?


Then how could you do that!

If you dont like your working place - quit. Dont say anything bad because it will makes 
you become such an ungrateful person.
Tu yang akan menyempitkan lagi pintu rezeki korang. 

Just remember -
There're a lot of people who're still surviving to find a good work, money and income.
Please be grateful since you got an income now.
Practice to complaint-less & do better at work.

And the thing I'll make sure I'll never forget is..
the struggle I was to get a job after graduated, so if I'm complaining so much now,
know that, I dont deserve my current place.


Wishing all the best to myself for the new-team structure.
Do your best. 


Anything that's worth having
Is sure enough worth fighting for
Quiting's out of the question
When it gets tough, gotta fight some more
We gotta fight, fight, fight, fight, fight for this love
We gotta fight, fight, fight, fight, fight for this love
We gotta fight, fight, fight, fight, fight for this love
If it's' worth having, it's worth fighting for!

You May Also Like

1 comments

Say Good Words :)